Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome to my Blog

My name is David Buck and I've been a software developer for 32 years now. My programming language of choice these days is Smalltalk but I'm interested in object oriented development, agile development, and software development practices.  I host the Simberon Design Minute and I'm a co-host of the Independent Misinterpretations podcast.

You may know me as the DKB from DKBTrace - the ray tracing program that kicked off POVRay.

In this blog, I hope to provide food for thought for software developers and suggestions for helping developers improve the quality of their code.  I also enjoy teaching about software development and encouraging people to have fun with software development.  In addition to ray tracing graphics software, I've worked with simulated physics in ElastoLab, artificial intelligence with neural networks, 3D VRML worlds (see Pool World and Beach World) and computer music.

I welcome you to join me in an exploration of the world of software development.

I welcome your comments and your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment