Monday, June 13, 2011

GemKit for VisualWorks 7.8

Well, I've received permission to make the following announcement.  I'll be working with Cincom to upgrade GemKit to VisualWorks 7.8.  Here's the current status:

    1) We have confirmation of the work request.  Work should begin sometime in July.
    2) We have permission to fully disclose and share all work and all progress we make with the Smalltalk community.
    3) I will document all steps, progress, issues, problems and successes here on my blog:
       http://simberon.blogspot.com
    4) I will publish major versions to the Cincom public Store repository
    5) I will setup another public Store repository from Simberon for holding intermediate versions which aren't yet ready for public use but may be of interest to others
    6) I will coordinate with anyone involved to merge their changes into my versions and publish them
    7) I've setup a mailing list at gemkit@simberon.com.  Send an e-mail to me at david@simberon.com to add or remove your name from the mailing list.


If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment