Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sea Turtle Rescue

I've been a bit quiet about my game recently.  It's not because I'm not working on it - I am.  It's that I'm changing the game around so much that I have to get my head around it.

I'm in the process of transforming the game to a new theme and new title.  I've hired an animator and graphics artist to do artwork for me.

The new game will be "Sea Turtle Rescue". The goal of each level of the game is to hatch sea turtle eggs and guide the sea turtles into the ocean.  The basic mechanics will be the same as HexSolve but the graphics and animation will all change.

Tiles in the board will become tiles covered with sand.  The target will become a sea turtle egg.  When you make a sequence (a path) from 1 up to the tile with the egg, the egg will hatch and a sea turtle will emerge.  The sea turtle will shuffle down the path you built (in reverse order: eg. 4, 3, 2, 1) until it gets to the 1 tile where it will drop into the ocean below.

I'll be adding sound and music to the game to add an extra ambiance.

I like the new theme much more than the strict mechanical puzzle theme of HexSolve.  It gives a nice purpose for the game and an interesting theme.  I'll try to keep you posted as we make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment